Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day One

So, I'm reviewing the Flat Belly Diet book that's coming out at the end of October (08). Since I'm no nutritionist or medical expert, I thought I'd give it a shot for the 32 days it recommends.

Day One:

It's the first day of their four day anti-bloat menu. Pretty name, huh? So, for breakfast, I was supposed to have a cup of unsweetened cornflakes, 1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce, 1/4 cup of raw unsalted sunflower seeds.

I'm off to a great start! Forgot to buy sunflower seeds. Nowhere in town has unsweetened cornflakes. Skip to day four's menu with Cream of Wheat, Milk, sunflower seeds, 2 dried plums. Have you ever eaten Cream of Wheat without anything in it? Ugh. 2 tbls of raisins are on Day 3 breakfast. Have CofW w/ Raisins. Have 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts (Okay, I washed them) an hour later. Skim milk an hour after that. (Skim milk=weird snack)

Have I mentioned that I have to eat every 2 hours or I get massive headaches? The diet says every four hours, so I have to spread meals out. No gym first day.

Hopped on the Wii Fit--it complained that I hadn't been on in 125 days. (Shut up!) It tells me my BMI is normal, but how much do I want to lose? Okay. Eight pounds sounds good. We agree.

Lunch--Day one is Deli turkey, string cheese, PINT of grape tomatoes! Oh and a glass of Sassy Water, which is water w/ cucumber, mint, lemon and ginger in it. Sits in the fridge and stews. It's okay if it hasn't been stewing too long. Couldn't get to the co-op to get organic turkey, so had day 3 lunch: 3 oz tuna in water, 1 cup steamed carrots, string cheese, Sassy Water. Ate carrots raw. I'm turning orange, I swear! Tuna envelop was only 2.5 oz, so I put 1 tbl fat free yogurt in it so I could choke it down.

Snack--Supposed to make a Blueberry smoothie. Had to go out--quickly looked up Panera Strawberry smoothie calories = 290. Since all meals/snacks are about 300 cals, this seemed okay. I know the strawberry glop they use is probably sweetened, and def the Stonyfield lf vanilla yogurt is, but decided it was okay.

Dinner--Broiled tilapia, roasted red potatoes, green beans cooked 2 min in boiling water (yum!). Squirted lemon over everything. 1/2 cup potatoes (without salt!) isn't very damn much!

Cheat: one organic wheat thin cracker and 4 raisins.

Bought sunflower seeds--still couldn't find cereal. Went to bed way too late--very hungry. But I got a Diamond cred on Xbox Karaoke for Ma Cherie Amor. No replacement for chocolate, though.

No comments: