Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day Two

Woke up VERY hungry!

Big mistake. Drank a cup of Sassy water on an empty stomach. Almost threw up. Will probably never drink Sassy water again. Maybe should give it a few days.

Breakfast: Had Cream of Wheat and Raisins again. Regular water.

Got on the Wii Fit which told me I was up two pounds! Not encouraging. Asked if I knew why I gained weight. I said "no." It proceeded to lecture me about not eating late at night--which I never do. I turned it off.

Went to gym. Got on the treadmill and five minutes later an elderly woman gets on the one next to me and she's wearing strong perfume to which I'm allergic. (Massive headaches--I'm seeing a trend) Was afraid she'd be offended if I moved, so I stayed--the fans blew most of the smell away. But she was hanging around the abs machine later, so I had to do actual crunches, which was okay. Ate 1/4 cup sunflower seeds while waiting for P to finish. One good thing was that I seemed to have lots of energy to do my forty minutes on the treadmill!

Lunch--4oz of turkey meat is a lot, but the expensive Applegate Farms stuff is pretty tasty. Had to eat the PINT of grape tomatoes in two sittings--one before lunch, one with. And the cheese stick was tasty.

Snack--Smoothie with unsweetened blueberries and skim milk. I'm guessing no yogurt for this part of the diet because it's fermented? Tummy was upset, so waited on the tbl of sunflower seeds until later.

Couldn't find anything in the book that said I absolutely have to eat the monounsaturated fat part of the meal with the rest of the food. Nothing online either....

Dinner--Late! Cooked brown rice this afternoon. 3 oz chicken breast was supposed to be grilled, but, really there was no way after Bengal's soccer practice. Sauteed it in a few spritzes of olive oil, so it may have added 25 calories. Also cooked the cup of mushrooms with a few spritzes instead of the teaspoon called for, so maybe I broke even. (Would have been easier if someone hadn't requested that I bring him home a Whopper for dinner?!)

I really miss salt. I know a girl who started giving up added salt for Lent when she was about five years old. She really loves salt, so I love that it's a real sacrifice for her.

Cheats: Ate one fruit loop. Am planning right now to eat 1/2 cup serving of unsweetened applesauce--I'm starving!

No comments: