Saturday, October 4, 2008

Day Four

Finally! The last day of the purge--I mean flush--or whatever it is. Travel day, big challenges, plus a birthday party....

Breakfast--Cream of Wheat with chopped up prunes. (kind of getting old) Prunes--oh, I guess they're called dried plums now--aren't quite the same as raisins, but they weren't bad.

Got on the WiiFit. Lost 1.1 pounds. Am almost back where I started. Grrrr.

Remembered to make up several 1/4 cup baggies w/ sunflower seeds, packed Cream of Wheat and prunes. Left the house. Totally forgot cup of milk--grabbed a string cheese at the store. Ate seeds and cheese stick. Meant to pack a tuna envelope and tomatoes, but forgot.

Lunch--So on the regular portion of the diet, it lists McDonald's Asian Chicken salad with lf Newman's own dressing as okay and under 400 calories. Figured I could eat only some of the dressing. Surprise! Micky D's in Redbud, IL doesn't serve that salad. So, stuck at the counter. Spied a "Fruit and Nut" Snack Salad and ordered it. More surprises. It's 1/2 an apple cut up with a grape, a few tbls of sweet yogurt and five CANDIED freaking walnut pieces for 210 calories. Ate the apple, tried a walnut piece, which was awful. Ate two prunes.

Arrived at destination and ate 2/3 can of tuna in water. So, I'm figuring the apple was 35 cals, prunes 40, tuna 60--need 165 calories and am a little stuck. And hungry.

Snack--Am supposed to do a smoothie. Maybe I can get to the store and get frozen fruit. Don't know if my sister has a blender. And the kids will probably want some. Not such a bad thing....

Dinner--Panicking. Must participate somehow--then there's that cake. Hm.

Went to the very well-stocked grocery. How I sigh for a Dierberg's in Southern Illinois! Picked up provisions for this weekend and to take back home: avocados, unsweetened Kashi sticks of some kind, grape tomatoes, natural peanut butter, bread, yogurt and fresh raspberries.

Ended up with 2 prunes to get me to the grocery store. Rest of snack was 3 small sample cheddar cheese cubes, Dannon plain, nf yogurt w/ raspberries. Not a smoothie, but very tasty and well under 300 calories.

Didn't blow it completely (I think). 1/2 barbequed rib, 3 oz pulled chicken (a little spicy), 1/2 cup microwaved new potatoes, 1/4 pint grape tomatoes, AND a very small square of birthday cake. Extremely hungry now, so it must've been okay--though I felt pretty full afterwards. The cake seemed extra sweet! It wasn't the approved way to finish the purge thing--I'll be interested to see if my wedding ring is tighter tomorrow.

After checking out the rest of the diet, I think they put the four day thing at the front to make one VERY grateful for fresh fruit, bread, power bars, popcorn, etc. I know I'm looking forward to tomorrow. A big bowl of cereal that looks like sticks and grub worms for brekky. Yum! But at least I get fresh raspberries on my worms.

No comments: