Friday, October 3, 2008

Day Three

Isn't Day Three always a crucible day during a diet? This one sure was.

Breakfast--Cream of Wheat again (still no sugar-free cornflakes) with 2 tbls raisins. Glass of water. (Still can't bear the Sassy Water.)

Confronted the Wii Fit. Down .7 pounds--whoopee. So I'm only 1.3 heavier than three days ago! It congratulated me on a downward trend. How sweet. Went to the gym and did 45 min on the treadmill and then arms. Perfume lady was there again, but a couple machines down. Had good energy again, which was nice. Stupidly forgot my sunflower seeds snack. Was very hungry by the time we got home. Had seeds and the glass of milk to finish my breakfast.

Lunch--3 oz turkey (again) with a cheese stick. Water. Couldn't bear the whole pint of grape tomatoes, so ate a handful.

Snack--Made peach/blueberry smoothies for everyone while we watched Iron Man. What a fun film. Robert Downey jr is my new hottie hero, though he'll never replace Daniel Craig.

Dinner--What a mess! Had to go pick up one of the cars that had been serviced. Was planning 3 oz chicken (plus 1 from lunch) and last night's rice w/ greenbeans. Got a panicked phone call from my daughter that I had to work the concession stand at her v-ball game. Seems the coach had sent the email to Pom's account--not mine! Sent the boys off for dinner on their own. Stopped by the co-op and wolfed down what I hoped was 4 oz of roasted chicken parts and a serving of brown rice. All the veggies were too seasoned. Was irritated about the change in schedule and so bought a decaf Honest Tea with 17 calories/serving and drank the whole serving bottle. Probably sugar in the tea--what? Maybe a teaspoon? Am pondering 1/2 cup of applesauce or maybe 2 dried plums. Can't bear greenbeans this late!

Cheats: 1"sq of roasted chicken skin because I couldn't resist!

This weekend will be a big challenge. Celebrating Bengal's birthday in St. Louis with cousins. There will be ribs. And cake. He sounded very, very sad when he asked if I could eat some birthday cake on my diet. Then Chuck E. Cheese (ack!) on Sunday, which is the start of the 28 day phase of the diet. Just have to stick to 400 cals per meal and include a MUFA (monounsaturated fat) along the way.

Puzzled as to why I'm not seeing any of the fabulous weight loss mentioned during the four-day early phase. (in fact gained!) Looking at the adjustments I made in the last few days, they all seem to be within the diet--and I've stayed below 1,200 calories. P says I will lose a bunch of water tomorrow. We'll see!

No comments: