Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day Five

I'm exhausted, so this may be brief (or not).

Now I know why the four day intro to this diet was so painful and dull--It was to make the next four weeks seem absolutely thrilling!

This morning I got to have 2 tbls of peanut butter on bread for breakfast, and yogurt and actual raspberries for my morning snack/breakfast! Yay! I'm on the road, so it's been a challenge, but today was actually kind of fun.

All four meals have to total a max of 1600 calories: 400 per meal. Woke up at my sister's house in the Suburb of Giant Hills and Houses with Three-Car Garages. Took a power walk, starting on a giant hill that may have opened up new highways in my lungs. I probably should've eaten something first. I felt a little loopy by the time I got back and had my peanut butter.

Lunch (after Chuck E. Cheese at 10 a.m.) at Quiznos. Had a 200 cal Sammie with balsamic chicken. Later a cheese stick.

Snack--After a trip through the mega-mall and the Apple Store. 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds and a Luna Nuts for Chocolate bar, which tasted just like a Quaker Chocolate Chip Granola bar with a charcoal and sand finish.

Dinner--Was going to make a yummy salmon recipe from the book. P had salmon for lunch, so I subbed Mahi Mahi. Served over steamed snow peas, drizzled w/ soy/ginger dressing, topped with avocados and 1/2 cup tomatoes on the side. 2 Tbls semi-sweet chips for dessert.

Total day 1300 calories, but never got too hungry for most of the day.

No weigh-in since I was out of town. Life is good.

No comments: