Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day Nineteen, the Flat Belly Diet

As I write this there's some awful BBC program on called Super Skinny Me. Two Brit celebrity journalists decide to take five weeks to get down to a size zero. It's horrifying to see how these women warp themselves, slipping into bizarre, punishing behavior to mold their bodies.

It makes me see that this particulary diet is borderline sensible--and 1600 calories a day seems wildly extravagant.

I ate them all today. No workout.

Breakfast: PB and Whole wheat, pear.

Lunch: Cheese, smoked salmon, bread--Misc nuts and a cracker and a square of chocolate.

Snack: Cottage cheese, 1/4 cups chocolate chips

Dinner: Chili (111 cals), 1 oz pasta (110), cheese (55); walnuts, 3 prunes.

3 goldfish pretels

Total 1600

As of today I've lost 4.5 pounds. Hardly world-shaking, but respectable. This is in the middle of my monthly cycle, though. We'll see what happens in the next ten days....

No comments: