Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day Seven, the Flat Belly Diet

Remembered today that I'm supposed to take a five minute walk after each meal. Ah, one more thing to do...Tomorrow is Bengal's actual birthday, so I saved 240 calories today so I could have one of his cupcakes for birthday dessert. Less appetizing are the veggie meatballs I'll be eating on my whole wheat pita sub while I watch the family enjoy the real thing! Diets are dumb. Are you as bored with this as I am?

Weigh in--oh, yeah! UP .4 pounds!

Breakfast: Kashi 7 puff--one cup w/ 3/4 cup skim and 100 cals of dried cranberries. Had 100 calories of cashews (the MUFA) about an hour and a half later. Total: 330

Lunch: The lunch recipes are, for the most part, involved--or they have olives. Yuck. I adjust by keeping the fat content reasonably low. The MUFAs (oils, nuts, seeds, avocado, dark chocolate) add lots of calories.

Slice of whole wheat bread, one ounce of goat cheese (chevre), 1.5 oz smoked salmon, 82 cals of walnuts, 3 dried plums. Total calories: 378

** Won't eat all 400 calories together again this early in the day. Felt overfull and a little sick.

Snack: Couldn't face a smoothie or a Luna bar. Had a banana (90) and 3/4 MUFA dark chocolate serving (165) Total: 255

Dinner: Made the Lime chicken and salsa w/out the lime marinade. Had 2 corn taco shells, avocado and 1/4 cup fat free pintos instead. Total: 405

Day total: 1368

Wish me luck with the TVP meatballs!

No comments: