Friday, October 10, 2008

Day Ten, the Flat Belly Diet

*sigh* Yes, the Wii told me in no uncertain terms that I was up another 1.1 pounds, just like yesterday. It's getting a little tough to take--and I'm not really holding onto that whole muscle weighs more than fat thing.

I will say that my pants are fitting better, and P says I look more slender, but I'm quite attached to the scale and would like to see some movement there. Body fat % was up .3 today, but body fat % is so changeable. You're supposed to check it 3 times a day and take an average. Mine is usually highest in the afternoon, lowest at night. But I'm just going by the morning measurement as a baseline.

Also, I am changing the way I eat. I'm almost never, ever hungry. I ate lunch around 1:30 and wasn't hungry at 3:30 or 4:30. And haven't had any headaches. That could be lack of decaf (had a cup today) or hormones or whatever....Good news, though. I watched Tim Gunn's style show while I had lunch. Very motivating. I wish, wish, wish Tim would make me over! (But I wouldn't want him to see my unfashionable, rather untidy house.)

Breakfast: Cliff Barn (yuck), Walnuts, 20 cal skim in coffee.

Lunch: Avocado, roasted chicken, homemade pico de gallo, 1 corn tortilla, 110 cals Lindt (2 MUFAs--probably too high % of fat, but whatever.)

Snack: 2 tbls Macadamia nuts

Dinner: Out on a sushi date! Lo-sodium soy sauce (couldn't resist). Tuna, Salmon, Yellowtail sashimi; 1/2 cup chicken broth, 1/2 spicy tuna roll, 1/4 cup steamed rice--about 1/3 cup edamame after shelling.

Movie treat: Chocolate serving: 200 cals. Best I can figure, dinner was about 675 calories--but I had saved some from snack and breakfast. Maybe a no-no, but I still stayed at 1567 calories! (No popcorn at the movie--that was tough!)

Gym--40 min elliptical trainer/upper body

No comments: