Monday, October 6, 2008

Day Six, the Flat Belly Diet

I'm overwhelmed! I spent much of today looking through all the recipes in the book, trying to figure out what to fix for lunch and for dinner. Best as I can figure, the book comes down to this: eat small amounts of organic, fresh foods. Cook some of those foods in heart-healthy oils, or sprinkle avocado or nuts on them. The recipes are all quite simple--several marinades, lots of grilling and raw options. I'm a little hamstrung because 1) I have to eat every two hours, 2) I truly dislike olives, red and green peppers, and sweet potatoes, 3) I want to do a realistic review of this book--but I'm discovering it's not an easy program, 4) all the super-fresh, organic, fabulous food is, well, pretty expensive. I spent a small fortune at Wal-Mart getting some of the staples, more at the produce store (Wal-Mart's produce is icky), and much more at the natural foods co-op. And I could only figure out four dinners to make!

Weigh-in: No change since Saturday.
Workout: 45 min on the elliptical trainer, upper body and some abs

Breakfast: Whole wheat bread and peanut butter. Panera fresh fruit cup after the gym.

Lunch: Slice whole wheat bread w/ envelope of tuna fish and a slice of provolone. 2 tbls walnuts.

Picked up some Lindt 70% chocolate at Wal-mart, ate 2 squares.

Snack: carton fat free yogurt and 1/2 cup raspberries. 110 cals macadamia nuts.

Dinner: Shrimp sauteed in olive oil, cooked with tomatoes and feta. Salad with greens, mushrooms and cucumber. 2 Tbls Annie's Goddess dressing--1 sq chocolate for dessert.

Went 47 calories over--Ack! Probably no loss tomorrow. Again.

No comments: